Glycolic Acid Set
This convenient starter set gives you everything you need to perform your at home chemical peel.
What is Glycolic Acid?
Also known as a ‘Chemical Peel’ or the ‘Lunchtime Peel’, Glycolic Acid is an Alpha hydroxy acid which performs at the base of the stratum corneum (the top layers of your skin), dissolving the ‘glue’ that holds dead skin cells together. Because this increases cell turnover, skin becomes smoother, more elastic and more even in tone and texture.
At the same time Glycolic Acid also stimulates your skin to produce more collagen. Collagen is the main structural protein of the skin and keeps it elastic and line free; when this starts to disintegrate, skin begins to sag and wrinkle. Replacing the collagen your skin has lost with age can help reduce crow’s feet, frown lines, and vertical lines around the lips.
How is this good for spots, blackheads and enlarged pores? The most common form of acne is caused as hair follicles get clogged by dead skin cells and sebum - the oil your skin naturally produces. Bacteria multiply within the clogged pores and so spots and blackheads form. By removing the dead skin cells you are also removing the grime and excess oil that's blocking up the pores and exposing fresh, new skin. Most people report that with regular use of AHA products, their once very oily skin becomes more balanced, the less oil your skin produces, the less oil there is to get trapped. If you suffer with deep blackheads, use the glycolic acid in conjunction with our Salicylic Acid 2%.
How does it help mild scars and wrinkles? When new layers of skin grow they are following the pattern, or blueprint of the skin above them, so if you have fine lines in your skin that is the blueprint the new skin is following. By removing the top layers of skin regularly, you are reducing that blueprint and so the lines become less visible, slowly over time. Using glycolic acid every other evening means you are constantly renewing and regenerating the skin, so you get much better results than a peel used once a week.
To read more about this amazing product, click HERE
What's included and how do I use them?
A 30ml sample of our First Cleanse Oil, this wonderful cleanser removes all make-up, even waterproof mascara. Use this to double cleanse before using your acid which leaves the skin clean and hydrated.
A 30ml sample of Revitalising Ginseng Toner, this is used after cleansing to balance the PH of your skin, which will give much better results.
30ml bottle of Gycolic Acid 10%. This is used after cleansing with the products above and comes with full instructions.
A chemical applicator brush, choose between bamboo or gold.
To read our guide on how to use this set, click HERE, we do not send out this guide (to save paper) so please do read before using your new set.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COVID-19 THERE MAY BE DELAYS IN ROYAL MAIL DELIVERIES.
- DHL Express Domestic 24 hour (Mon-Fri, no weekend delivery) (order before 11am) £7.44GBP
- Royal Mail 24 hour tracked (not a guaranteed 24 hour service) £4.44GBP
- Royal Mail 48 hour tracked (not a guaranteed 48 hour service) £3.55GBP
- Royal Mail Standard 2-5 days £1.99GBP - Tracking will only update on delivery or if a delivery attempt has been made, this is not a fully tracked service. There are currently delays of up to 3 weeks on this service in some areas, although the majority of orders are delivered on time. If your order is urgent, please select a different service.
- DHL Express Worldwide ( order before 11am for same day dispatch) Price calculated on weight and destination, we recommend DHL for fast and guaranteed service. This service is for weekday delivery, Monday to Friday. Orders placed on a Friday will be delivered Monday.
- Royal Mail International £8.00GBP up to 1kg, £10.00GBP 1.001kg-2kg . Parcels will be passed to your local delivery company, deliveries can take up to 2-4 weeks, depending on customs clearance in your country, in Europe deliveries are usually around 1 week.
If a phone number is required on your package for delivery, please let us know.
We aim to process all orders placed before 12:00pm Monday-Friday same day, however this is not guaranteed, particularly on national holidays or on busy occasions where we may have a special offer available. Once your order has left us, your chosen courier are responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of your parcel.