Lactic Acid 10% Peel 30ml
Lactic acid is a mild chemical peel (Apha Hydroxy Acid or AHA) and is thought to be more accepted by the skin than other AHA's as our body produces lactic acid. It's a luxurious alternative to harsh scrubs or peel off face masks.
What is it used for? Lactic Acid has been known to help the following conditions
- Dry skin
- Sun damaged skin
- Blotchy pigmentation, Hyperpigmentation (this product won't help chloasma, melasma or vitiligo)
- Fine lines
This alcohol free chemical peel is infused with Rose Water and is the perfect treatment for dry or dehydrated skin suffering from hyperpigmentation, acne, dry/dull skin, ageing skin or to just freshen the complexion and revive your natural glow. PH 3.75 and Vegan Friendly. This product can be rinsed off or left on overnight under moisturiser.
Lactic acid works at the base of the skin’s stratum corneum, dissolving the ‘glue’ that holds dead skin cells together. Because this increases cell turnover, skin becomes smoother, more elastic and more even in tone and texture.
At the same time Lactic Acid also stimulates your skin to produce more collagen. Collagen is the main structural protein of the skin and keeps it elastic and line free; when this starts to disintegrate, skin begins to sag and wrinkle. Replacing the collagen your skin has lost with age can help diminish crow’s feet around the eyes, frown lines, and vertical lines around the lips.
Whats the difference between Glycolic Acid and Lactic Acid? Lactic acid is a milder exfoliator, it's also a humectant which means it helps the skin to retain moisture. It can be used alongside our glycolic acid and salicylic acid and gives the skin a plumped up appearance and a beautiful, healthy glow. Lactic Acid is the best choice if you suffer with dry or dehydrated skin.
Will my face be sore and peeling? As long as you follow the instructions supplied then no, you should experience no discomfort or peeling, remember this is just speeding up a natural process that occurs in your skin. As you will be applying a chemical exfoliator to your skin you will feel a slight stinging sensation, but it's loosening the bond of the old, dead skin only and not peeling off your healthy, living skin. You may experience some redness but this will soon fade. You skin may also feel slightly itchy after a treatment, this is perfectly normal as it's the skin regenerating itself. This is not the same peel used on shows such as 10 years younger where the healthy skin is burned and falls of, that is caused by a TCA peel and should never be used at home.
Purified Water, Rose Floral Water, Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Citrate.
If you are undergoing any kind of intense beauty treatment (microdermabrasion, glycolic acid treatment, laser therapy etc) consult your therapist before purchase. If you have any broken veins/capillaries we recommend avoiding these areas. If you're on medication which increases the skins sensitivity or causes severe dryness we do not recommend acid based products during treatment and for 12 months after your course has been completed. People who commonly have cold sores may find that chemical peels can cause an outbreak of cold sores and may want to take their medication before use or avoid use altogether, do not apply acid products to your skin while you have an active cold sore.
If you are worried that this may not be suitable for you then take a look at our dermaflannels which give very similar results. If you are on medication, consult your doctor before use.
AHA's may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen and limit strong sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards. Do not use sunbeds while using products containing glycolic acid or salicylic acid.
PLEASE NOTE, DUE TO COVID-19 THERE MAY BE DELAYS IN ROYAL MAIL DELIVERIES.
- DHL Express Domestic 24 hour (Mon-Fri, no weekend delivery) (order before 11am) £7.44GBP
- Royal Mail 24 hour tracked (not a guaranteed 24 hour service) £4.44GBP
- Royal Mail 48 hour tracked (not a guaranteed 48 hour service) £3.55GBP
- Royal Mail Standard 2-5 days £1.99GBP - Tracking will only update on delivery or if a delivery attempt has been made, this is not a fully tracked service. There are currently delays of up to 3 weeks on this service in some areas, although the majority of orders are delivered on time. If your order is urgent, please select a different service.
- DHL Express Worldwide ( order before 11am for same day dispatch) Price calculated on weight and destination, we recommend DHL for fast and guaranteed service. This service is for weekday delivery, Monday to Friday. Orders placed on a Friday will be delivered Monday.
- Royal Mail International £8.00GBP up to 1kg, £10.00GBP 1.001kg-2kg . Parcels will be passed to your local delivery company, deliveries can take up to 2-4 weeks, depending on customs clearance in your country, in Europe deliveries are usually around 1 week.
If a phone number is required on your package for delivery, please let us know.
We aim to process all orders placed before 12:00pm Monday-Friday same day, however this is not guaranteed, particularly on national holidays or on busy occasions where we may have a special offer available. Once your order has left us, your chosen courier are responsible for the accurate and timely delivery of your parcel.